The surprise is suddenly finding mussels on the rocks during a beach walk in Cornwall. The recipe is simple First light your fire.
- Pick a recycled carrier bag full of mussels.
- Scrape clean, de-beard and rinse the mussels in clean water.
- Chop roughly 3 cloves of garlic and 2 onions.
- Place in the Kotlich over a hot fire, add half a bottle of cider or white wine and black pepper.
- Cover with a plate or wooden chopping board.
- Mix the mussels with a strong spoon every five minutes bringing the ones from the bottom up to the top.
- After 15-20 mins all the mussels will be open and the garlic and onions cooked, serve into individual bowls making sure every one has lots of the juice. Eat with bread and butter.